Once per year, a check is performed ("number of Black Pyramids" * 0.035 * (1 + (0.1 * "number of Markers"))) to determine if Leviathans appear. If the check passes, they will arrive and remain for 5 years (2000 days), appearing in the Trade tab. After trading with them, their stay will be shortened to 1 year.
Per this formula, the following combinations of markers and black pyramids will guarantee that Leviathans will appear every year:
|Number of Black Pyramids
||Number of Markers
- If you have built one or more Markers and have at least one Alicorn, you will slowly generate Necrocorns. Necrocorns can be fed to the Leviathans to increase their energy and gain additional benefits.
- In the trade tab, Leviathans have a "Feed Elders" button. Clicking this button works as follows:
- If you have at least one Necrocorn, 1 will be sacrificed to the elders; they will be pleased, and their energy will be increased by 1.
- If you have no Necrocorns, the elders will be displeased and they will leave immediately, disappearing from the trade window.
- At the start of the game and after reset, Leviathan energy level is 0. Feeding the leviathan a Necrocorn increases their energy by 1.
- Energy has the following effects:
- Leviathan stay will increase 1 year per energy level, bringing the total to 5 + energy level years.
- After trading Leviathans will stay for an additional season per energy level bringing the total to 1 year + (energy level * 100) days.
- You will gain a bonus on traded resources of +2% per energy level.
- Leviathan energy is capped at 5 + (5 * the number of Markers). For each time you have completed Black Sky, each marker will increase leviathan energy by .5 more (total rounded down), capped with diminishing returns at 10 additional energy per marker.
- This can be increased further with the Necrocracy policy
- After researching Antimatter the leviathan info box will list a thing called Blackcoin, which is the elder's cryptocurrency.
- Once you've researched Blackchain (or if you already have Blackcoins), Blackcoins can be bought with Relics. Blackcoin speculation is all or nothing: clicking the "buy bcoin" button will use all your Relics; similarly, clicking the "sell b-coin" button will sell all your Blackcoins.
- The price of Blackcoins starts at 1000 and will fluctuate slightly daily.
- 40% chance that the price will increase
- 30% chance that the price will decrease
- 30% chance it'll stay the same.
- Each game day, if the price does not stay the same, then the game generates a uniform random variable in [0, 0.0025%), and increases / decreases the price by that percentage.
- Therefore, each game day, the change in ln(blackcoin_price) has mean +1.249 927e-6 and variance 1.442 706e-10.
- If the price ever exceeds 1100 the market will implode and the price will drop drastically, but will continue as normal from there.
- After a market implosion, the price will be in the range [770, 880.022).
- If you always sold Blackcoins immediately before the market implosion, then bought immediately afterwards, on average you would multiply your Relics by e (≈ 2.718 281 828) approximately every 800 000 game-days; equivalently, you would double your relics approximately every 800 000 * ln(2) = 554 500 game days or 12 days 20 hours in real life.
- The price of Blackcoins is kept across resets.
- With the Invisible Black Hand upgrade, there's a new "Annoy the Invisible Black Hand" button that immediately causes a market crash. It costs more the lower the B-coin price is. This is useful if B-coin price is close to 1100 and you're about to leave for a while. Just sell your B-coin, Annoy the Invisible Black Hand, and rebuy. Then the market won't crash in your sleep.